12 May Announcing new partner Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network (CSAYN)
IAAS World is pleased to announce new partner Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network (CSAYN). The objective of this partnership is to collaborate on specific activities aimed at facilitating and supporting mutual cooperation, knowledge exchange, practices and to partner up in the organization of future events based on mutual interest of both parties.
The CSAYN is a group of volunteers linked across the world via an online platform to share findings and seek advice for their practical projects that have a strong interest in CSA (Climate Smart Agriculture) and the environment. The main objective of the CSAYN is to create awareness, sensitise and build the productive capacity of young people and persons living with disabilities on Climate Smart Agriculture concepts for adaptation, reducing emissions (mitigation) and increasing food productivity in a sustainable manner.
The mission of the CSAYN is to:
- Raise awareness on CSA among young men and women (aged 18 – 35) to enable them to make sustainable decisions for the future in the agriculture sector.
- Create awareness of the related present and future threats related to climate change and agriculture.
- Make youth aware of the contributions they can make in the agriculture sector for a better future, especially through the application of climate-smart practices in both agriculture and forestry.
- Youth aged between 18 – 35 years in rural and urban areas
- Persons living with disabilities, particularly youth.
- Educational institutions (schools, universities) and relevant government ministries.
The CSAYN aims to engage its target groups through information dissemination by using existing knowledge materials on CSA to increase the capacities of members, using media and other publication institutions to spread the news.”
IAAS World believes that we can empower our projects and our amazing association through this collaboration.
For more information, visit CSAYN Website.