In 2050 the world will count 9 billion inhabitants. They will have an increasing demand for high quality food to be grown in a world with a decreasing availability of usable land and recourses. The problem how to feed these 9 billion people in a sustainable way in 2050 is the prime challenge of the agricultural student of today. IAAS can play an important role in this field by making students aware of the challenges our sector is facing and providing students the knowledge about agriculture in international scale.
To promote the Exchange of Experience, Knowledge and Ideas and to improve the mutual Understanding between Students in the field of Agricultural and Related Sciences all over the World.
- Encouraging the interchange of ideas in all fields of education and practices in Agricultural and Related Sciences.
- Promoting the co-operation and understanding between students of Agricultural and Related Sciences from all over the world.
- Preparing students to fulfil the challenges of their future work with a practical and global view.
- Encouraging the formation and development of local organisations of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences.
- Organising international meetings, seminars and training periods abroad for students in Agricultural and Related Sciences.
- Promoting sustainable Agriculture, economics and food production in the whole world.
- Promoting a higher education system of high quality, accessible for everyone.